Live, in-person training events: Ask questions, find community, and get the resources you need to start!
- Homeschool Introductory Seminar — Held in Elizabeth, CO or via live stream on Zoom. Learn more and register here.
- Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference — This three-day event brings you the training, resources, and encouragement you need for Christ-centered homeschooling. It’s coming June 2021 to the Crowne Plaza Convention Center in Denver. Learn more and register here.
Other training resources:
- The CHEC Homeschool Guidebook: This is a comprehensive book for what you need to homeschool with excellence right here in Colorado. Consider it the in-depth hard-copy version of this online educational course, with tons of practical, step-by-step instructions for choosing curriculum, setting schedules, navigating high school, and much, much more. Click here to learn more and purchase.
- Homeschool Summits online events: Hosted by CHEC, these online events are hosted for free twice a year, bringing homeschool parents timely and Christ-centered training and encouragement for homeschool family life. Click here to learn more and subscribe to stay updated on future events.
- CHEC Colorado Homeschool Discussion Facebook group: Join this online community for activity opportunities, easy Q&A with other parents, and more. Click here to join.
Learning Styles: Identifying your child’s learning style goes a long ways toward helping you teach effectively. This article and this article are both helpful explanations to help you identify how your child learns best.
Teaching Styles: Just as important as your child’s learning style is your own teaching style. Montessori, classical, eclectic, and so on — read this article for a helpful breakdown.
Homeschool Community: CHEC hosts an online directory of homeschool groups around the state that offer support and community to families. You can search by region and more to find one that fits your family. Click here to view.